Aholab Signal Processing research group, from the Faculty of Engineering of the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), invites project proposals for eNTERFACE’14, the 10th Summer Workshop on Multimodal Interfaces, to be held in Bilbao, Spain, from June 9th to July 9th, 2014.
Following the tremendous success of the previous eNTERFACE workshops held in Mons (2005), Dubrovnik (2006), Istanbul (2007), Paris (2008), Genova (2009), Amsterdam (2010), Plzen (2011), Metz (2012), and Lisbon (2013), eNTERFACE’14 aims at continuing and enhancing the tradition of collaborative, localized research and development work by gathering, in a single place, leading researchers in multimodal interfaces and students to work on specific projects for 4 complete weeks.
eNTERFACE’14 will encompass presentation sessions, including tutorial state-of-the-art surveys on several aspects of design of multimodal interfaces, given by invited senior researchers, and periodical presentations of the results achieved by each project group. The ultimate goal is to make this event a unique opportunity for students and experts all over the world to meet and effectively work together, so as to foster the development of tomorrow’s multimodal research community. The results of the projects are expected to be published in the Workshop proceedings.
Although this list is not exhaustive, the proposed projects can cover one or several of the topics listed below. This year, projects involving speech signal processing are particularly welcome.
- Multimodal signal analysis and synthesis
- Intuitive interfaces and personalized systems in real and virtual environments
- Assistive technologies for education and social inclusion
- Assistive and rehabilitation technologies
- Search in multimedia and multilingual documents
- Affective and social signal processing
- Multimodality for biometrics and security
- Innovative musical interfaces
- Augmented reality
- Embodied agents
- Human-robot and human-environment interactions in smart environments
- Multimodal conversational systems
- Self-learning and adapting systems
- Innovative modalities and modalities conversion
- Applications of Multimodal interfaces
- Performing arts applications
- Teleoperation and telerobotics
|October 31st, 2013||Call for projects.|
As soon as possible :)
|Reception of a 1-page Notification of Interest (rough description of the project).|
|December 15th, 2013||Reception of the formal Project proposal (goals, workpackages, deliverables, profiles of the participants).|
January 28th, 2014
|Notification of acceptance to project leaders.
Start Call for Participation.
|March 14th, 2014||End Call for participation.
|April 11th, 2014||Notification of acceptance to participants.|
|June 9th - July 4th, 2014||eNTERFACE'14 Workshop|
Proposals should be submitted in PDF format to email@example.com. They will be evaluated by the Scientic Committee with respect to suitability to the workshop goals and format. A call for PhD students and researchers participation will then be launched on January 10th, 2014. Authors of the accepted proposals will then be invited to build their teams.